What I liked:
- Elijah and Hayley finally doing something about the things going on between them. Phew, thank goodness, it was getting a little intense.
- Mikael and Klaus working together. However brief, it was so cool to see what might have been. Sadly, it was incredibly short lived. Oh well.
- Kol has grown on me. A lot. I haven’t ever really been particularly keen on him, but when he came back as the witch Kaleb, and the way he changed and adapted? I grew rather fond of him. Plus, I really liked him and Davina together, quite nice.
- The whole Mikaelson clan making an appearance. You would assume this would be annoying, but surprisingly it just works.
- Vincent. I know that when he was Finn he peeved me, but when Vincent is Vincent and not possessed by a Mikaelson, he is pretty darn cool.
What I didn’t like:
- Jackson and Hayley. I really, really do want to like them, and he does love her, but the thing is, she went into this marriage due to obligation, and Elijah was crushed because of it, and goodness knows I am a Hayley?Elijah shipper, so just deal.
- This whole sticky situation with Klaus and Camille the whole time. I mean come on. They don’t actually have chemistry. I can buy into them being friends, but never actually more than that, it just doesn’t seem to come together very well. Plus, the bitch ain’t Caroline. #KlarolineForever
- Finn got irritating. I have never liked that slimy bastard, but he was just all over the damn show here. I thought that Caspar Xafer did a fantastic job portraying him, but sheesh!
- Freya. Goodness gracious me. The girl pitches up out of nowhere and just wants to pop in, take over, the whole shebang. Uhm, really?
- This Gia/Elijah bullshit situation. NOT A FAN!
Plotsies afoot, plotsies afoot everywhere! I really quite liked this season! For one, there was all the crazy work initially with keeping a lid on the fact that baby Hope is alive and well, and Klaus had to look okay. When Marcel spoke of how weird it was that Klaus was not mourning and murdering together, I laughed. He is so right. Klaus and his politics, of course, were all over the show here, and the intensity and depravity of what he gets up to does not escape me.
The entire Mikaelson clan was alive at some point or other during this season, but that didn’t annoy me at all, anywhere. I mean, they are the original pretty much everything, so the regular rules totally aren’t going to apply here. The siblings facing off against Esther and her lackey, Finn, was going to be interested. From the beginning I was sure that Kol was not going to stick with them for long, and I was right. He quite grew on me this season, which was awesome, and he and Davina actually worked well together.
What really was sad, though, was seeing how Klaus had to deal with daddy dearest once again. Constant warring, and when you finally think they have made headway? Screw that, stake the bastard. I totally get why Klaus would though, he has always been rejected, bullied, and hurt by his father. It also broke my heart to see Hayley marry Jackson. Don’t get me wrong, I like the dude and all, but he is not Elijah, and Elijah and Hayley just click. Like, when they finally gave in to each other? My heart cheered, I was so happy about the whole situation. I knew it was doomed. Ugh. I should stop getting my hopes up.
Naturally, no peace can be known for the Mikaelsons, and one victory over mother dearest meant that they would have dearest Aunt Dahlia on their hands, and that was one hell of a sticky thing. Freya is not a character I can say that I love at all, something just seems off about her, but let’s see where this goes. I was impressed by how much Rebekah has grown on me since I first saw her in The Vampire Diaries. Goodness knows she is still flawed, but she is getting better, especially due to Hope, and getting into a witch body.
I am not a fan of the Elijah/Gia story-line, and I was glad when that was disposed of. So much actually happened this season, but it all worked wonderfully. I really wish they would stop forcing this Camille/Klaus thing, it’s like every now and then the show remembers they are supposed to be interested in each other, and send them to see each other again. I was so sad to see Aiden killed, and Josh’s heart broken, and the chain reaction that came from that was insane. Klaus, of course, for getting screwed over (and it was horribly sad to watch), responded as only he could – nobody can torture quite like our Klausie. Definitely a good season that looks fantastic, flows well, and is interesting throughout. Well worth a watch.