Another year, another list of movies I have been meaning to get to and yet never have. Don’t judge me. We all have that list. That massive-ass list we continually keep adding on to, saying we will get to whatever is on there. Sometimes we do. Often we don’t. For that reason, there is a Blind Spot series. Get my butt in gear to actually actively tick off some of those titles.

These are my picks for 2017:

JFK (1991)

jfk-poster

SYNOPSIS: A New Orleans DA discovers there’s more to the Kennedy assassination than the official story. – via IMDB

Say Anything (1989)

say-anything-poster

SYNOPSIS: A noble underachiever and a beautiful valedictorian fall in love the summer before she goes off to college. – via IMDB

Once Upon A Time In America (1984)

once-upon-a-time-in-america-poster

SYNOPSIS: Epic tale of a group of Jewish gangsters in New York, from childhood, through their glory years during prohibition, and their meeting again 35 years later. – via IMDB

Only Lovers Left Alive (2013)

only-lovers-left-alive-poster-dt

SYNOPSIS: A depressed musician reunites with his lover, though their romance – which has already endured several centuries – is disrupted by the arrival of her uncontrollable younger sister. – via IMDB

The Road (2009)

the-road-movie-poster

SYNOPSIS: In a dangerous post-apocalyptic world, an ailing father defends his son as they slowly travel to the sea. – via IMDB

Rear Window (1954)

rear-window-poster

SYNOPSIS: A wheelchair-bound photographer spies on his neighbours from his apartment window and becomes convinced one of them has committed murder. – via IMDB

Atonement (2007)

atonement-poster

SYNOPSIS: Fledgling writer Briony Tallis, as a thirteen-year-old, irrevocably changes the course of several lives when she accuses her older sister’s lover of a crime he did not commit. – via IMDB

The Help (2011)

the-help-poster

SYNOPSIS: An aspiring author during the civil rights movement of the 1960s decides to write a book detailing the African American maids’ point of view on the white families for which they work, and the hardships they go through on a daily basis. – via IMDB

The Orphanage (2007)

the-orphanage-poster-800

SYNOPSIS: A woman brings her family back to her childhood home, which used to be an orphanage for handicapped children. Before long, her son starts to communicate with an invisible new friend. – via IMDB

Cronos (1993)

cronos-poster

SYNOPSIS: A mysterious device designed to provide its owner with eternal life resurfaces after four hundred years, leaving a trail of destruction in its path. – via IMDB

City of God (2002)

city-of-god-poster

SYNOPSIS: Two boys growing up in a violent neighborhood of Rio de Janeiro take different paths: one becomes a photographer, the other a drug dealer. – via IMDB

Deliverance (1972)

deliverance-poster

SYNOPSIS: Intent on seeing the Cahulawassee River before it’s turned into one huge lake, outdoor fanatic Lewis Medlock takes his friends on a river-rafting trip they’ll never forget into the dangerous American back-country. – via IMDB

25 thoughts on “Blind Spot Series 2017

I’ve seen three on this fabulous looking list — Only Lovers Left Alive (really enjoyable if you like slow-moving non-traditional vampire stories), City of God (flat-out amazing), and The Orphanage (I don’t remember much about it — yikes!)

I love seeing everyone’s Blind Spot lists! I feel so part of the crowd this year!!!

🙂 I am so pleased that you, too, have a list this year. They are actually really fun! I am really looking forward to these!

2. Rincewind says:

You will love Chronos, Deliverance (wow u truly have missed out on a classic there) and rear window (hitch at his best). Enjoy. And saw a John Cusak movie which I’ve missed put on, thought I seen them all..

Chronos I have been meaning to get to for so long. I don’t even know what happened with me missing Deliverance hahaha. I like Cusack, he’s pretty cool.

1. Rincewind says:

Am a huge Cusak fan so am slightly upset I missed out here 🙂 as for Deliverance, shame on you LOL

This is an epic list 😱😱😱

It’s a pretty big list, with things I just HAVE to tick off already. Will see how it all works out hehe.

you going to rock it, this I know!

4. Keith says:

I’ve seen most of these and I gotta say I love the variety. Rear Window is a very different form of Hitchcock but it’s also my favorite film of his. Adore it! The Road is really good and it’s one I have been hungry to revisit. Only Lovers is great too. It made my Top 10 that year. Enjoy!

Thanks Keith! Looking forward to finally checking these out and crossing them off that insanely huge list!

5. I got obsessed with JFK during its theatrical run and went and sat through it four times. I was 16 at the time, and so I had not experienced any heavy conspiracy stuff yet. I still love it, but it seems so quaint and sincere now that we have an internet full of nutters.

xD “…quaint and sincere now that we have an internet full of nutters.” – GOLD!

I am really looking forward to that one. Four times? That’s impressive!

1. We didn’t get a theater here until I was in 9th grade so I basically lived there because of the novelty!

6. Satua says:

Remember to have some red wine when watching Only Lovers, it demands it. 😀
    Great list, there are some that I haven’t watched either but those that I have, they’re all good or great. I adore Atonement, it’s probably the most beautiful film I’ve ever seen and music is great as is the cast. Say Anything actually was a bit of a disappointment as it is so hyped.

It does? Hmmm, I will have to make an occasion of it then!

Definitely excited to see these ones. Atonement really looks good, and my best friend is ALWAYS on my case about watching it. I hear so much about Say Anything, but going into it like I did The Breakfast Club – just to see. Lowered expectations. Will see how it works out.

7. Mark Walker says:

Aww man! There’s some really good stuff here. Once Upon a time in America and City of God are two my very best films. JFK, The Orphange and Rear Window are great too. I also really like The Road and Cronos. You could do a lot worse than these gems, Zoe.

Thanks Mark! I am really excited for a lot of them – so many movies man! Don’t we all just wish we had enough time to get to everything haha.

8. Fantastic line-up! The Orphanage, Say Anything and The Help are great movies. Atonement is pretty good as well. I haven’t seen The Road but I remember my husband telling me that its pretty depressing and suggesting that I don’t watch it. Haha!

Man, I’m hoping for another solid year, last year was a goodie for me. I keep hearing The Road is so depressing but worth the watch at least once.

9. abbiosbiston says:

I have actually seen most of these. I think you are going to love Atonement, Say Anything, City of God, The Help and Only Lovers Left Alive. Be warned though, The Road is probably the most depressing movie I have ever seen.

That’s great! Well, got one down, eleven to go xD I remember you saying it was super depressing. Eish.

10. Now that’s a list! JFK is in my top five films. Enjoy!

😀 Yay! I am particularly looking forward to that one.

Looks like Once Upon A Time In America (I keep putting that off due to length! Want to see it) and City Of God are left? Can’t wait to read your thoughts. Not sure on my feelings on City Of God…

Yep yep – now to see which one I will watch first. Looking forward to both, but ESPECIALLY Once Upon A Time In America. Hmmmmm, hopefully soon I will finally be able to say I have seen it.