Alright, you all know that I am an exceptional John Wick junkie. Every single thing about that movie just works perfectly. The more I watch it, the more I love it. It doesn’t get old. It was super stylish and looked fantastic and it was shot so well and, well, Keanu Reeves. For real. One of the most amazing scenes for me is when John Wick goes to the Red Circle to find Iosef, and everything that followed from there was pure adrenaline, pure awesome. I absolutely adore the way that colour is used in John Wick – everything has this washed out, dark look, but when the colour is brought in? We are talking neons. And John Wick himself is badass and calculated to boot. He kept his calm the entire way through the club, and he is just so hardcore. And cold. So cold. Constantly reloading and constantly kicking ass, John Wick is the man to beat, and I think Iosef finally realised the reason Wick is called the Baba Yaga. Plus the track that played throughout the scene is eerily perfect.

If you have a scene that you would like featured, drop me a mail at sporadiczoe@hotmail.com with a link to the scene and an explanation as to why.

17 thoughts on “Sporadic Scene: John Wick (2014) – Club Scene

Aahhh I have been missing this series! Fabulous pick. I really ought to give this movie another shot. Somehow the 4/8 or whatever I gave it just seems so harsh now lol

🙂 Well, it’s going to be back from time to time! 4/8?! Tom, that is ridiculously brutal! You will HAVE to look into it ASAP and then think about it again hahaha!

2. I haven’t seen these yet mainly because I’m not a huge Keanu fan, but maybe I need to rethink this.

Not a Keanu fan?! My heart! xD Just kidding, each to their own! Check it out, you might enjoy it! I had a ton of fun with this film for so many reasons, and I have watched it so many times since my first viewing!

1. To be perfectly honest Zoe, I don’t think I’ve really given him a fair shake. I saw a couple of his early movies and didn’t care for them but I never gave him a second chance. I think I will now though, and I’ll star with the John Wick movies.

Yay! I hope you have fun 🙂 I like the guy, not even just as an actor, as a person. He is one of the few celebrities I actually know history of outside of movies, and the guy has a horribly sad story, but he keeps going, and he seems to be genuinely nice.

3. I didn’t know he had a sad personal background.😕 I have to go look him up now.

Yep 😦 So even if he isn’t admired for his acting chops, one cannot deny he seems to be a cool dude!

Dear JJB,

Great movie!!

SSC

Kindest PSC,

Hells yeah!

IJB

❤ THIS MOVIE!!

It’s the best!

5. ruth says:

LOVE this scene!! I sometimes use the soundtrack when I work out, the ‘Shots Fired’ track is just perfect for cardio. Can’t wait to see the sequel to this!

🙂 It is a fantastic scene! Great pick hehe. I absolutely cannot wait for the sequel!

I keep asking the hubby to watch this with me! I can’t get that guy to watch movies with me at home. But then if I watch something without him, he’s all “I wanted to watch that!”. Ugh. So maybe I’ll see this. Someday. : )

This movie is an absolute FAVOURITE of mine. I am sure if you can tie him to the couch, he will thank you for it. Even my hubby, who doesn’t actually rewatch movies ever (unless it’s The Godfather) rewatches this with me from time to time, and enjoys it without fail. I hope you enjoy it when you get to it!

Well, I FINALLY forced him to watch Battle Royale with me the other night after asking for years. Maybe John Wick will be next! ; )