Vikings is just one of those shows that works phenomenally. Initially intrigued by the fact that this was hosted by the History Channel, I was soon roped in by the way that they used a series for epic storytelling, to relay the history in an intersting manner. Vikings is pretty heavy on the gore and bloodshed, so it is nice that they do not pussyfoot around the ancient viking rituals. Below is a scene in which someone was subjected to the ritual of the Blood Eagle, and I thought that it was done excellently, with the ritual shown, as well as the emotions, honour, suffering and respect.

23 thoughts on “Sporadic Scene: Vikings (Season 2×07) – Blood Eagle

Ok so that wasn’t intense at all. . . . . yeesh. 😉 😉 :O

LOL! Tuesday morning viewing pleasure 😛 Have you watched Vikings?

I have not, but honestly this is a scene that could very well get me into it. Plus, I notice its on the History Channel — one of the only bits of programming on TV I will watch! Lol

Go out and watch Vikings IMMEDIATELY. I wrote a review on it a while back. It is presented historically, and is for the most part accurate, which is great. It’s like visually presenting the history, making it realistic and something you will want to learn more about. They really captured the whole viking era, and how they operated. I loved the focus on their faiths and beliefs, and I feel that this scene perfectly captures how important some things were to them. Go on and watch it hahaha, you won’t regret it.

Excellent! Yeah, gosh I can’t wait to get some context for this particular scene. And Viking . . . culture ? (if you call it that) . . . has always been something I’ve known far too little about considering how much it interests me.

Yay! I think you would thoroughly enjoy the show then. Ooooh, when this scene is properly fleshed out for you, it takes on a whole different meaning and is even more intense!

2. movierob says:

very interesting choice 🙂

Dearest PJB,

Looks good!!! This should be in my cold hands pretty soon!!

ISC

Kindest Chop,

OMG I just can’t wait! Seeing how you loved Hannibal, I have hope and faith that you will like this, too. I thought it was wicked cool!

JJB

Referringest SJB,

Your clip didn’t dissuade me!!

SPSC

Kind Chop,

I didn’t think it would 😛

IJB

I need to watch this #must

I LOVE this show. It’s so fucking brutal.

Fuck yes it is! But so awesome!

6. That was a crazy scene, glad you like Vikings too. Seriously those Vikings are pretty sexy!

It was a great scene. Yeah… it’s like Spartacus… AMAZING dental, too 😛

1. Yes you are right it is kind of like Spartacus … shirts off and everything haha!

Do you see us complaining though?

3. NO NOT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I always get Led Zeppelin’s Immigrant Song stuck in my head when I hear the word “Vikings”. Shit – it’s stuck there for the rest of the day now!!! Lol

Fuck yeah, it’s a great connection, that’s why hahahaha.