I know that a lot of people complain about the Prequel Trilogy, but it isn’t that bad, though it isn’t as great as the Original Trilogy, of course (put your rocks away people). One thing that they did have that was superior to the Original Trilogy were the lightsabers as well as the battles that people found themselves in. For instance, the lightsaber battle between Darth Maul, Obi-Wan Kenobi and Qui-Gon Jinn is one of the fastest, most brutal and intense of all the movies. It was pretty darn epic, even though the rest of The Phantom Menace was incredibly weak.

15 thoughts on “Sporadic Scene: The Phantom Menace (1999) – Darth Maul vs Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon Jinn

Beloved SJSBJB,

ZIP ZIP ZIP ZOOM ZORP!!!!!

I should see this again sometime….

ZZZZZSC

My Dear ZZZZZSC,

You totally should, even though it is the weakest of the lot. However, this fight scene was just AMAZING. Big fan of it. It was fast and it was brutal.

Love

2. About the only good thing about that movie!

Yeah, I must say that this movie truly was the weakest of the lot, but this scene was fantastic!

3. Can’t argue with a light saber scene! Freakin fantastic!

Hell no you can’t, and this was definitely one of the most exhilarating of all the movies! Right up there, though the movie was flawed and all!

1. Oh of course, great scene, funky movie. I really hope the new Star Wars flicks do the franchise justice. Please please God! The force is strong with us, we must pray. lol

LOL you seem far more optimistic than I. Crossing my fingers that they are great though. I know a lot of people hated on the prequel trilogy, and while Episode 1 sucked, 2 was an improvement though still not perfect, but I really enjoyed 3. So brutal!!

#theforce

3. Yes I am being optimistic on this, when it comes out (got lots of time here) I will go in with a clear head. HAHA I am planning this 2 years in advance. #probyforce

Nothing wrong with planning in advanced! BE PREPARED!!!!!

I mean, go the Force and everything, but isn’t 2 on 1 kind of unfair?? Lol.

Seems Maul did pretty alright for the most part! 😉

Fair enough. Haha.

Good scene! As far as, you know, the prequels go… 😉

I get it! 😛