WHOOP! Tom of Digital Shortbread rocks my socks, being such a frequent contributor of my Sporadic Scene segment! Absolutely always a pleasure to host you, Tom, and thank you once again!

I hope this scene isn’t too intense or heavy or depressing or whatever else it probably realistically is to suggest for another entry to Sporadic Scenes.

What I have in my hands is a pretty f**ked up introductory sequence to the movie Jacob’s Ladder. The scene is titled ‘Movement in the Tree Line’ and it seriously one of the trippiest scenes I’ve ever watched, without the movie having anything to do overtly with drug use. Plain and simple, this scene is pretty disturbing.

I figured there could maybe be a crazy scene or two every now and then. 😉

I’ll just add a little line in here from the review I did on it awhile back:

“My friend was absolutely spot-on about this film’s opening moments. If you’re not hooked within the first five to ten minutes, there’s no real need to watch any further. One of the more disturbing, yet attention-grabbing openings I’ve been presented with so far in my young movie-watching career.”

*CONTAINS VIOLENT CONTENT*

13 thoughts on “Digital Shortbread Sporadic Scene: Jacob’s Ladder (1990) – Movement In The Tree Line

Tom, excellent selection!! Great movie!!

Thank you very much Sir Ipes. It’s an incredible opening to an outstanding movie. Had to put it up there!

SSBJJB,

Another fine entry! I need to watch this movie again, I haven’t seen it since, like 1990 which appears to have been a fine year for things!

PSC

Dearest PSC,

I haven’t seen this, to be very honest, though I want to now. Damn straight 1990 was a year of good things. I joined the world then!

#modestasalways

SSJB

SSB,

Want to do one of those Double Take things on it?? No rush, of course and, if not, I will still dote.

#always

SSC

SSC,

That sounds like a plan! I am on it! Remind me when I get home about it.

SJSB,

OK – and when I remind you, remind me to go queue it up 🙂 🙂

PSC

Yes Miss Zoe you owe it to yourself to get in on this one. 😉

Soon, dear Tom, soon! 🙂

3. This film just doesn’t get enough live so well done Tom!

Nice pic, Tom! Good movie. : )

5. This movie used to scare the crap out of me as a kid. Great scene Tom!