So here was the last film I had to watch for the Alfred Hitchcock blogathon that Rob and I are hosting. Pity it was such a low note to end my watching streak on. Nevertheless, you can check out my full (yet very spare) thought here!

MovieRob

hitchcock

For Zoe’s final review for our Alfred Hitchcock Blogathon, here is her review of The Trouble With Harry (1955)

the trouble with harry poster

SYNOPSIS: The trouble with Harry is that he’s dead, and everyone seems to have a different idea of what needs to be done with his body… – via IMDB

Eurgh. I don’t even want to have to write about this ridiculous movie. Such a pity that the last Hitchcock film I had to watch such a dreadful one. I am going to keep this brief.

dead harry

The Trouble With Harry was awful. Everything about it just… crap. Within twenty minutes I was desperate to rather watch one of Alfred Hitchcock’s silent films instead. The soundtrack annoyed me, the characters were absolutely useless and there was not one that you could actually like. The film took forever and six days to go nowhere, to be precise. Also, I am someone who enjoys dark…

View original post 144 more words

10 thoughts on “Alfred Hitchcock Blogathon – The Trouble With Harry (1955) – Sporadic Chronicles of a Beginning Blogger

Dearest JB,

Going to check it out now. Sounds like you hated it. Back to work tomorrow CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY CRY!!!

I hope your weekend was exceptional!

SSC

Dearest MSC,

I really, really did hate it. What a waste! 😦 Man, I am sitting here already, sulking, I could have been sleeping more 😦 😦 CRY CRY CRY.

Sweet JB,

I HATE that we’re at work/ At least your day is almost done!! WHEEEEEE!!! I have meetings all fucking day today….

PISS!!!

MSC

Kind MSC,

I just want to GOOOOOOOO!!!!! Almost, almost…

Meh, that is so not a good Monday!

Excited JB,

I absolutely dread the next six hours of my life….

MSC

SSC,

I will be thinking of you… commiserating…

Oh noooo, Zoe! What a shame you didn’t like this! I quite liked this one! Not one of Hitchcock’s very best but I still enjoyed it and loved seeing a young Shirley MacLaine as I think she’s pretty awesome. Oh well… Guess we can’t all love everything! Hope you at least had SOME good experiences during this blogathon. : ) Think I still have more of your reviews left to read…

I hated it, to be honest. I wasted so much time of my life here, lol. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed it though. Yeah, I did enjoy a few, and there are others that I liked that I have not watched for this. Saboteur was definitely my favourite of the ones I watched for the blogathon.

I’m glad I ended up not taking that one, then, so you at least had one to really really enjoy! ; ) I’ll definitely give that one a watch now. Will probably be my next Hitchcock after Frenzy. : )

I would LOVE to hear your thoughts on it!