Casino Royale was certainly the breath of fresh air that the Bond franchise needed, and remains my favourite in the canon by far. A scene that gets me every time is the initial meeting between Vesper and Bond. I mean come on! It is so fast, the chemistry is amazing, the dialogue is fueled with disdain, interest, cockiness and intellect that would leave a lesser being spinning, yet it is something to see Bond and Vesper verbally sparring.

13 thoughts on “Sporadic Scene: Casino Royale (2006) – I’m The Money

OHH NOOOO!!!!

Lol this was actually going to be one of three possible options I was going to submit for this feature. But that’s totally cool. I now get to rely on my back-up two. 😀 😀 This one’s priceless. Such snappy dialogue. Great characters.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Submit the other two, I’ll take them all! SEND THEM TO ME!

It was fast, snappy, witty, so entertaining. LOVE it!

“How was your lamb?”

“Skewered. One sympathizes.”

–someone please help me out on this! I know this is an insult to Vesper, but how? I don’t understand the phrasing. . of it. . .

Bwahahahaha!

I’ve seen this movie. Yay me! ; ) Not seen many James Bond films…

GO YOU!

You don’t need many Bond films, this one is the important one! This is my favourite of the lot, and it gets better each and every time I watch it, it is damn near perfect!

Dear Wanker Tosser Silly Butt,

I’ve never seen any Bond movies all the way through. That last one – that Skyfall thing, I got up and went to bed about halfway in. Or when he was moping on a train, whenever that was. Who knows.

I’m getting ready to snack on some hot beef jerky from a place called Davis, Oklahoma. Behind the gas station where I bought it, live four goats.

#smalltownamerica

Your old buddy,

the ipc

3. Love this scene! Eva is so awesome, doesn’t even remotely back down from Bond’s challenge of words and wit! Loving her in “Penny Dreadful!”

🙂 I am glad to hear that. Oh, she did, she matched him all the way through. I cannot wait to start watching that!

Looooove this moment! Love all of Casino Royale, for that matter. Nice choice, per usual. 😀

Thank you, thank you! I really, really loved this one. It was such a great movie!

Loveliest SBJB,

I just ordered up my Hitchcock movie and my shitfest movie and noticed that this is in my queue 🙂 It might be a month but I’ll get it watched.

All my love,

PSG

My PSC,

You have NO idea how much this thrills me! Please keep me posted as to what you think when you get to it!