I just want to thank everyone for their involvement in this blogathon, and for having made it successful! I want to thank the readers that stuck by it all and gave their two cents, I would like to thank Table 9 Mutant, Cara, Mike, Eric, Matt, Rob, Luke, and Tim for the guest posts that you worked on and pulled together in a relatively short period of time, they were really fun and seriously entertaining!

deadpool drinking

I thought that I would close off the X-Men Blogathon with the release the poll results from last week’s questions.

The favoured X-Men movie (and this was a super skinny race) is X2 (2003). The extremely close runner up is X-Men: First Class (2011).

The most reviled X-Men movie is The Wolverine (2013), though there are no surprises (much to my chagrin) seeing X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009) as the runner up. Pretty embarrassing, seeing as they are both solo films of the Wolverine!

The favoured mutants are (ranging from most popular to the least according to the votes):

1. James Howlett ″Logan″ Wolverine
  2. Erik Lehnsherr/Magneto and Raven Darkholme/Mystique tying for second place
  3. Professor Charles Xavier/Professor X
  4. Kurt Wagner/Nightcrawler
  5. Ororo Munroe/Storm

The question that I have wondered about consistently showed that the vast majority have only watched the movies (64%), while a respectable handful of you guys have watched the movies as well as read the comic books (33%). I have one isolated vote for only having read the comics… who are you?

The general consensus seems to be excitement in terms of X-Men: Days of Future Past. And let me just tell you… that excitement is justified, what an awesome flick!

BLOGATHON SUMMARY:

X-Men (2000)

Silver Screen Serenade – X2 (2003)

Cinema Parrot Disco Sporadic Scene: X-Men (2000) – Charles and Erik Playing Chess

Screenkicker Movies – X-Men: The Last Stand (2006)

X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)

The IPC – Earth X (1999)

X-Men: First Class (2011)

Dawson Review – The Wolverine (2013)

Movie Rob Sporadic Scene: X2 (2003) – Nightcrawler’s Attack on the President

Oracle of Film’s X-Men Parody Posters

X-Men: Days of Future Past (2014)

Tim The Film Guy – X-Men: Casting Successes and Failures

Again, thank you everyone! This was a lot of fun!

19 thoughts on “X-Men Blogathon: Conclusion and Poll Results

Dearest JB,

What a great run! Excellent series!!

Love!

Pappy

Dear PSC,

Thank you, and thanks again for getting involved! It was lots of fun!

Warmest JB,

Next week I should be able to get to work on my homework 🙂

PSC Gramps

Kindest Grampy Spock Chop,

Sounds like an awesome plan! Hopefully you won’t deal with cretins and their drama!

Almost extended takeover time! Lucky fish. Seems we all have some form of homework HAHAHA!

Sweetest JB,

I know!!! I can’t even wait to see what happens!!!

LOVE

Gramps

2. 33% read the comics! That’s impressive 😀

Yeah sheesh I totally didn’t expect that response!

3. lukebbtt says:

I love this blogathon. And the polls were fun too, especially with this breakdown. More of them would be nice 🙂

YAY I am so glad, thanks again! I must say, they were really fun to put together. I might do more from time to time!

4. Well done Zoe, that’s how you do a blogathon!!!

🙂 Thanks Mikey! Had a lot of fun!

5. Strong work keeping up with this Zoe! It’s been a fun read!

🙂 Thanks a lot! Glad you enjoyed it!

Yaaaayyyy blogathon success!!! Again, brilliant idea, lady! This was a barrel of fun! 😀

Thank you so much, glad you enjoyed it! I had a lot of fun with this!

Awesome series!

Thanks Abbi!

Zoe! Thanks for letting me join in on the fun. : ) I’m so so sorry I missed the majority of the blogathon! Next time you do one, let me know in advance and I’ll try to not go on holiday in the middle of it. Lol! (I’m only kind of kidding there – I seriously hate missing out on stuff). ; ) And, no, my WordPress app isn’t working yet. I’m commenting in a roundabout way on my phone. Annoying!! But at least I’m not anonymous. : ) Btw – how is Professor X not the favorite?!?

🙂 It was truly my pleasure, and I thank you once again for your contribution to it!

Teehee, I will bear that in mind and keep you posted. I hope you had a good holiday though!

Hmmmmmm, when there is a will there is a way! I don’t know, I thought he would rank equal with Erik… mistaken, I suppose! 😛